Sunday, December 9, 2012

THE COUNCIL WELCOMES RACHEL FLAHERTY


by Rachel Flaherty, Program Specialist







Hello all – My name is Rachel Flaherty, and I am just thrilled to be an employee of the Mass Council.  I come from the west coast, with my young childhood years being in Southern California and my teen & early adulthood years in Washington State, then relocating to Massachusetts in 2004.

I received a BA in Human Services from Western Washington University, in Washington State.  In most recent years, I have worked for the council on special events as a Contingent Employee, been a member on the Council’s “Recovery Advisory Board”, completed the “Recovery Coach Academy” training, as well as, attended and participated in various addiction and/or recovery based meetings and events.  I am excited to bring to the Council, a level of empathy and understanding, coupled with motivation and drive to make a difference in the lives of those affected by the illness of compulsive gambling. 

I look forward to gaining additional knowledge, which I have already begun to receive, efforts in increasing public awareness by representing this wonderful organization at community meetings, conferences, etc., having a role in the development and/or implementation of tasks that will increase Massachusetts capacity to provide efficient and effective services to individuals, families, employers, communities, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment