Hi
everyone! My name is Thalia Yunen, and I will be interning in the Mass
Council’s Communications Department this summer and fall. I’m excited to start
developing a new strategy to promote the Council’s 24/7 helpline (800.426.1234),
as well as creating content for and promoting the Council’s various social
media accounts (e.g. Twitter,
Facebook, Blog).
Helping
people and their families, not to mention military families, is something that
is very important to me as I am a self-proclaimed “Army brat”: I’ve lived in
New Jersey, Puerto Rico, Germany, Oklahoma, and Florida (Ft. Lauderdale,
Hollywood, and Coconut Grove). My past experience of working with the National
Guard Infantry of Hollywood, Florida, inspired me to apply for an internship
with the Mass Council. In high school, I started a club called Embrace-A-Soldier.
The goal of this club was to establish a connection between students and the
military. Students then had an opportunity to either learn what it’s like to be
in the military or be able to actively thank soldiers for fighting for our
country. We hosted events such as beach runs, visits to the infantry, a
military ball, and other events to engage students with members of the military.
After this experience, I knew that I wanted to work in public relations when I
graduated college.
I’m currently
a Junior at Suffolk University majoring in Public Relations and minoring in
Women’s Studies and Sociology. In
high school I played basketball and ran track. Being from Florida I’m naturally a Heat fan,
but ever since I’ve lived in Boston, I’ve (not so) secretly started rooting for the Celtics.
With that said, I’m ecstatic
to be interning here at the Mass Council, and I value this opportunity!
No comments:
Post a Comment