Monday, September 19, 2011

The Council Welcomes Victor Ortiz

Hello, my name is Victor Ortiz; I have been a social service provider for over twenty years. I have worked in various systems of care targeting issues related to addiction and mental health disorders. 

Most recently, I was hired to serve as the Intervention and Treatment Support Director at the Massachusetts Council on Compulsive Gambling. I’m excited for the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead.

As the Intervention and Treatment Support Director, I am responsible for many projects aimed at raising clinical awareness of gambling disorders, eliminating stigma, creating access to care, and establishing a continuity of care for individuals and their families.

Offering training opportunities for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to clinicians and other people who work in the human services field is an important part of the work that the Council does. We teach people about the latest problem gambling research and treatment options for helping people impacted by the disorder.  We are happy to announce our exciting 2011-2012 training calendar.

Some of our featured half-days trainings will be:

Sept. 23     
Incorporating Financial Literacy into Clinical Practice

Dec. 9         
PTSD and Gambling Disorders

March 16      
Recovery Oriented Systems of Care - Where Does Gambling Fit?

June 8        
Countertransference in Problem Gambling Clinical Work

We also offer two online training courses: The Gambling Brain in April and Countertransference in Problem Gambling Clinical Work in February.

These and other training opportunities can be found on our website www.masscompulsivegambling.org and registration is underway. Please feel free to contact me with questions at victor@masscompulsivegambling.org / 617-426-4554.

Photo of Victor blowing out his birthday candles. He recently celebrated his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment