Thursday, January 6, 2011

Staff Resolutions

Hello! Welcome to our first blog post! My name is Chrissie Brackett and my New Year's Resolution is to spend less time on the internet...which may be a bit of a challenge since my job is to update the Council's Facebook, Twitter and blog.  I guess my real issue is more of a quality versus quantity problem. Obviously, the internet allows me to do a lot of things that make my life easier and better but it can also be a major time waster. Sure, I spend time doing things that are important like reading up on issues surrounding problem gambling but does my life really improve because I looked up the name of the actor who plays Ralph Macchio's nemesis in the Karate Kid movies? (It's William Zabka, by the way)  My hope is that wasting less time on the internet will allow me to focus more on other things in life and help me to feel like a more productive and satisfied person.

So, in order to achieve my goal of a more productive and satisfied me, I think I'll give myself some time constraints to curb the problem. I'm going to keep the laptop closed between 12:00-8:00 each day. It's actually after 12:00 right now so I should probably start my resolution now...or as soon as I look up what other movies William Zabka has been in.

*Here's a picture of Chrissie thinking about all the fun she'll have when she stops googling everything under the sun. Chrissie received her MSW from Salem State University in 2009 and has worked as a Web Consultant for the Council since November, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment